ST. JOSEPH, Mo
Two people are in the hospital with serious injuries after a head-on collision on the S. Belt Highway Thursday night.
St. Joseph police say the accident happened just after 8:30 p.m.
They confirmed that each driver was the only occupant of each vehicle and that they were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The accident forced the closure of both southbound lanes of S. Belt as well as the exit ramp from eastbound 36 Highway at the Belt.
Westbound traffic exiting 36 Highway at the Belt was diverted north.
Police on-site at the crash say they do not know exactly how the accident happened. They say their investigation continues.
As of 10 p.m., southbound S. Belt Highway was still closed at the scene of the wreck.
- 2 Seriously Hurt in S. Belt Hwy Head-On Crash
- Child Seat Belt Safety
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Car in Ditch After Three Vehicle Crash on Hwy 169
- Do school buses need seat belts?
- City Council Leaves Seat Belt Law for Public Vote
- Seat Belt Ordinance Question Could Go to the Ballot
- North Belt Walmart Closed for Hours Due to Power Outage
- Voters Will Get to Decide on Seat Belt Law
- Shots Fired at North Belt Walmart Parking Lot