(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A two car accident knocked over a power line near the 1800 block of Frederick Avenue Sunday evening.
The crash happened just before 6 p.m.
The St. Joseph Fire Department said a red vehicle hit a power line, causing the line to fall on top of the vehicle.
Authorities said the driver of the vehicle was able to get out, but a male passenger remained inside the car until KCP&L could remove the line from the vehicle.
"It's just not practical if there's an energized power line on your vehicle to get out. You need to stay in place," Battalion Chief Russell Moore said.
SJFD said three people were sent to the hospital following the crash, but the extent of their injuries is unkown.
Frederick was back open around 7 p.m.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Accident on Frederick Knocks Down Power Line
- Ambulance Involved in Accident on Frederick Ave.
- Two in Custody Following Crash on Frederick Avenue
- Water Line Break Closes School
- Water Line Break Leaves Town without Water
- Two Injured in Vehicle Accident
- Medical Emergency Causes Minor Accident
- Man Dies in Workplace Accident
- Widespread Power Outage Hits St. Joseph
- Power Outages Reported in St. Joseph Area