Law enforcement officials carried out an investigation at Southwest Livingston Co. R-1 School after a reported theft of a controlled substance.
The investigation began on Friday, March 9, 2018.
The prescription medications (Percocet and Adderall) were taken from a locked medicine cabinet, according to a statement from the Livingston County Sheriff's Office.
The medicines were being properly monitored by the school nurse and promptly reported when some of the pills turned up missing.
The sheriff's office and school officials resulted in the arrest of Christopher Scott Calhoun, 44, for two counts of the alleged theft.
Calhoun has been charged with two counts of class D felony stealing with a $10,000 cash bond.
Calhoun is currently being held in the Daviess Dekalb County Regional Jail.
The Soutwest Livingston Co. R-1 School District released a statement on Facebook:
"The Southwest Livingston Co. R-1 School District is aware that Principal Scott Calhoun was taken into custody by law enforcement. The District is cooperating with law enforcement in the investigation of this matter. Mr. Calhoun has been placed on leave for the time being. We want to assure you that at no time was the safety and security of the District’s students at risk, and the allegations in this matter do not involve harm to any District students. Due to the fact that the investigation is still ongoing, the District will not release any further details at this time. Rest assured that the District will continue to monitor the situation and respond appropriately. Our commitment is to providing your students a safe and caring learning environment."
- Southwest Livingston Principal Taken into Custody on Drug Charge
- Livingston County Sheriff Seeking Information on Burglary Suspect
- Three SJSD Principals Resign from District
- One in Custody Following Standoff
- Canned Food Drive Puts Local Principal in Sticky Situation
- School District Approves Naming of Two New Principals
- TV Tower Collapse Kills 1 in Southwest Missouri
- Suspect in Custody Following Deadly Motorcycle Accident
- Student Taken into Custody Following School Threat
- Missouri Man Charged After Clinton County Drug Bust