(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A man was killed in a workplace accident Monday afternoon at the American Walnut Company.
According to a statement from the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), "the company reported that an employee was fatally injured on March 12 at approximately 4:30 p.m."
OSHA has opened an investigation into the incident.
According to the statement, the employee was working in the saw mill at the time of the incident. The statement added that preliminary information indicates that the deceased came into contact with operating equipment used in the facility.
OSHA stated that American Walnut reported the incident as required.
The man's identity has not been released at this time.
- Man Dies in Workplace Accident
- Local Attorney Breaks Down Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Pattonsburg Man Killed in ATV Accident
- Police Investigating Rollover Accident
- Two Injured in Vehicle Accident
- Medical Emergency Causes Minor Accident
- Man Threatening Suicide Dies After Officer-Involved Shooting
- St. Joseph Man Dies in Early Morning Crash
- Police: Man Found in Abandoned Car Died from Gunshot Wound
- Man dies after being pinned between two vehicles