(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) The Sheriff's Department has determined that a dead body found in the Sunbridge Hills Conservation Area Tuesday belongs to a 62-year-old St. Joseph man.
Authorities said at this time, they believe it was a suicide. The Buchanan County Sheriff, Bill Puett Bill Puett, said someone on the trail found the body and then contacted 911. Authorities got to the scene just before 9 am Tuesday.
Sheriff Puett said Buchanan County's medical examiner, Dr. Adam Wineinger, examined the body but Puett does not know whether an autopsy has been scheduled.
We will continue to update this story as more information is made available.
- Update: Authorities Say Sunbridge Hills' Death a Suicide
- Trenton Man's Death Officially Ruled Suicide
- Inside Japan's 'suicide forest'
- Physician-Assisted Suicide Fast Facts
- Family Denies Suicide Claims in Investigation of Teen Death in Trenton
- Suicides in US rose 10% after Robin Williams' death, study finds
- Local schools begin launch of Hope Squads to reduce teen suicide deaths
- Medical examiner rules CDC researcher Timothy Cunningham's death suicide by drowning
- Missing CDC worker's death was a suicide by drowning, medical examiner rules
- Prosecutor launches full investigation into student death in Seven Hills parking lot