(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) The Sheriff's Department has determined that a dead body found in the Sunbridge Hills Conservation Area Tuesday belongs to a 62-year-old St. Joseph man.
Authorities said at this time, they believe it was a suicide. The Buchanan County Sheriff, Bill Puett Bill Puett, said someone on the trail found the body and then contacted 911. Authorities got to the scene just before 9 am Tuesday.
Sheriff Puett said Buchanan County's medical examiner, Dr. Adam Wineinger, examined the body but Puett does not know whether an autopsy has been scheduled.
We will continue to update this story as more information is made available.
- Update: Authorities Say Sunbridge Hills' Death a Suicide
- Trenton Man's Death Officially Ruled Suicide
- Family Denies Suicide Claims in Investigation of Teen Death in Trenton
- Charming Charlie Closing at East Hills
- Benton Girls Win Tough at Park Hill
- East Hills Library honors Laura Hutton
- MidCity Center Hosts Suicide Prevention Workshop
- East Hills Shopping Center and East Hills Library Experience Water Line Break
- Authorities Warn of Rental Scam
- Thirteen Year Old Entrepreneur Opens Shop at East Hills