(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph man is facing charges in connection with a crash that sent three people to the hospital with serious injuries.
Phillip Scott Johnson, 38, is charged with felony DWI - physical injury.
The crash happened around 9:40 p.m. Sunday at 12th and Pacific in St. Joseph.
Authorities say Johnson was was speeding on 12th Street when he drove through a stop sign and collided with another vehicle.
Three people in the second vehicle were taken to the hospital with serious injuries to life threatening injuries.
According to court documents, police say when officers arrived on scene Johnson admitted to drinking, slurred his speech and staggered and stumbled while walking.
A probable cause statement shows Johnson had a blood-alcohol level of .173 when taken at the emergency room.
Johnson suffered moderate injuries.
- Court Documents Show Man Charged in DWI Crash Had BAC Twice the Legal Limit
- Court documents show driver charged with manslaughter ran red light
- Man arrested for DWI in Highway 33 crash that sent 3 people to hospital
- Court Documents Reveal New Information in Teacher Sex Crime Case
- Central Basketball Coach Arrested on Suspicion of DWI
- Driver charged with manslaughter appears in court
- Faucett man charged in crash that killed one
- Trump, Kim Jong Un sign 'historic document'
- Arizona Man in Court for Wichita "Swatting"
- Motorcycle Crash Kills Missouri Man