(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- Jim Pietz, aerial acrobat, stopped in St. Joseph to give a media preview of his act that he will bring to the Sound of Speed show next month.
"A lot of people will really be amazed by what this airplane does. when you're not expecting it out of a four-person family airplane," Pietz said.
Jim Pietz, aerial acrobat, stopped in St. Joseph to give a media preview of his act that he will bring to the Sound of Speed show next month.
70,000 people are expected to be out at Rosecrans Airport over one weekend next month when the Sound of Speed airshow returns to St. Joseph.
Pietz said aviation is in his blood, with both his father and brother also being pilots. He said up in the air everything is just so open and it gives you a different prespective of the world.
"Pilots are very open," Pietz said. "They're excited about what they do. They love to talk about it. They love to give rides. They enjoy introducing people to aviation."
The Sound of Speed airshow will be in St. Joseph on August 25th and 26th. It will feature the world- renowned Blue Angels.
- Airshow act gives preview of what's to come
- Airshow in Cameron
- Preparations are Underway for the 2018 Sound of Speed Airshow
- WATCH: Sneak Peek of the U.S. Navy Blue Angels before Sound of Speed Airshow
- St. Joseph Mayoral Race Preview: Part 1
- St. Joseph Mayoral Race Preview: Part 2
- St. Joseph Mayoral Race Preview: Part 3
- St. Joseph School District Sees Increase in ACT Scores
- St. Joseph City Council District 1 Candidate Preview
- Missouri Western Adopts "Superscore" Method of Evaluating Incoming Student's ACT Scores