UPDATE: 1:55 p.m. Atchison Fire Chief Ted Graf says repairs have been made, and the all clear given, following a noon hour evacuation in Atchison resulting from a gas line leak.
(ATCHISON, Ks.) A gas leak has forced an evacuation Tuesday afternoon along the riverfront area in Atchison, Kansas, according to mscnews.net.
Atchison Fire Chief Ted Graf says the action was taken after a gas line was struck in the alley south of Atchison Wholesale Grocery.
"We have ordered a mandatory evacuation of the Atchison Wholesale building, both MGP buildings, the Guidance Center and the Apartment Complex at 201 Main, and Mueller's Lockeroom," Graf told MSC News around 12:30 Tuesday afternoon.
"We are shutting down the 100 block of South 3rd Street and 2nd Street until Kansas Gas can get that problem isolated." Graf says motorists and pedestrians are to remain out of the affect area until the all clear is given.
- UPDATE: All Clear Given after Gas Leak Forces Evacuation in Atchison
- Gas leak prompts evacuations, school closure in New Haven
- Water leak floods JFK Airport baggage claim, forces evacuation
- Smoking iPhone battery forces Apple store evacuation
- Discovery of possible dynamite forces evacuations
- Istanbul hospital fire forces evacuation of patients
- Oklahoma wildfires kill 1, force evacuations
- New YMCA Opens in Atchison,KS
- New Lt. Governor Makes Stop In Atchison
- BB Gun Found in Atchison Student's Bag