(TRENTON, Mo.) A body that was discovered in a wooded area in North Trenton on Monday has been identified.
Trenton police say the remains belong to Tanner Ward, 19, who had been missing for almost six months.
An autopsy conducted on Tuesday revealed that the remains belonged to Ward, and the forensic pathologist has ruled the death a suicide.
Police say the body was discovered by two students walking to school around 7:30 a.m. Monday. They found the body in a wooded area between Shanklin Ave and the GFG Ag Services company.
Ward was last seen leaving his mother's house in Trenton during the evening hours of June 7. An Endangered Person Alert was issued through the Missouri State Highway Patrol on June 13.
- Body Found in Trenton Identified as Missing Trenton Man
- Trenton Police Investigating Body Found in Woods
- Trenton Man's Death Officially Ruled Suicide
- Trenton Welcomes Troops Home After A Year of Deployment
- Family Denies Suicide Claims in Investigation of Teen Death in Trenton
- Missing Teen Found Safe
- Police Investigating Body Found in Garage
- UPDATE: Missing Moberly Woman Found
- Police Investigating Suspicious Death after Body Found Inside Vehicle
- UPDATE: Missing Kansas teen found safe