(St.Joseph,MO) Kids at Carden Park Elementary got a little soggy Friday afternoon. Students with 90 percent attendance for the second term were rewarded with a water party.Students in kindergarten through sixth grade explored 10 water stations. For a few hours students got into water balloon fights, slid on a giant Slip’N Slide and competed in water relay games.
Third grade teacher Morgan Skaith said the party was the perfect way to blow off some steam and reward students for making attendance a priority.
“They’ve been a little squirrely, its the end of the year and that summer weather is going on. So just being able to be out here and celebrate their attendance with the kids and have some fun at the end of the year has been a great activity for them,” Skaith.
In addition to celebrating student achievement at the water party, the school is also celebrating being a new grant recipient. The Carden Park received a $7,300 grant from an anonymous donor to be put towards attendance incentives for next year.
- Carden Park Hosts Splash Bash for Attendance
- Community Care Clinic Opens at Carden Park Elementary
- Adele turns 30 with Titanic themed bash
- Jane Fonda celebrates 80th birthday with big bash in Atlanta
- Sinclair responds to criticism of media-bashing promos
- Trump bashes TPP; Tesla's Model 3 ambitions; Starbucks shutdown
- Murió el cardenal Bernard Law, símbolo del escándalo de abusos sexuales en la Iglesia católica
- Cardenal crítica defensa del papa a obispo chileno acusado de encubrir abusos
- Cardenal critica defensa del papa a obispo chileno acusado de encubrir abusos
- Cardenal chileno se disculpa por polémicas declaraciones sobre identidad de género