(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)
Monday evening the City Council approved admission increase at the Remington Nature Center.
The center will now increase all fees by one dollar at the Nature Center bringing the cost for general admission tickets for adults to $4; $3 for seniors and $2 for children. Children under 3 years old will still be able to get in for free.
St. Joseph city officials said that the increase will help pay for rising operation costs at the center.
Jeff Atkins, Assistant Director of the St. Joseph Parks Department said that increasing fees is never easy, but is needed to keep up with rising costs.
"I hope people understand that as expenses go up, fees have to go up along with it," Atkins said. "We do our very very best to make things affordable and we understand that people just don't have all the money in the world to throw around."
This is the first time admission fees have been increased at the nature center since it opened in 2008.
- Fees increase at Remington Nature Center
- War Artifacts on Display at Remington Nature Center
- Council approves increase for softball fees
- Nature Center Holding Family Friendly Events this Weekend
- Nature Center Hosts 7th Annual Herp-O-Rama
- Rain Chances Increase Saturday
- Storm chances increase Monday
- Increase in Clouds on Friday
- Concerns Rise with Potential 'Pay-to-Participate' Fees for All School Activities
- Missouri Discussing Potential Gas Tax Increase