(St. Joseph,MO) Cody Harter, 23, was picking up equipment from work when his life was cut short by an alleged angry driver.
Harter was fatally stabbed after a confrontation with another driver along northbound highway 291 near the I-470 merger in Lee's Summit, Mo., Saturday evening.
The St. Joseph native was a Central High School graduate and a member of the Air National Guard.
Brett Swope was Harter’s wrestling coach at Central High School for three years, and said it was Harter’s dedication and loving personality that made him stand out the most.
“He was a good friend, he was a good student athlete," Swope said. "He was very loving, I think all of his friends and classmates would agree that he was a very nice young man and was taken away from us far too young,”
Swope said Harter's work ethic transferred into his adult life when he started his own lawn care business.
“Cody had a tremendous work ethic, I think he kept that work ethic throughout his life,” Swope said.
No information on funeral arrangements for Harter have been announced, but a GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover funeral expenses.
No suspects have been taken into custody, and the stabbing is still under investigation. If you have any information contact the Lee's Summit Police Department at 816-969-7390.
- Community Mourns Man Lost to Road Rage
- Man shot in Phoenix road rage incident
- Man catches road rage incident on camera
- Community Mourns Loss of Local Hero
- Community mourns Hickman officer's death after drowning
- Community mourns Suffield girl killed in crash
- Community Mourns the Loss of Lafayette Senior
- Man accused of shooting driver in road rage incident
- Road-rage incident spills out on highway
- Driver arrested in motorcycle road rage incident