The East Buchanan Bulldogs scored the first two touchdowns of the night against the Princeton Tigers en-route to a 48-30 win in the Class 1 State Quarterfinals.
The final score seems distant, but Princeton was right there in the first half.
After giving up those two touchdowns, the Tigers forced a couple of turnovers and used an impressice Andrew Smith touchdown run to tie the game up at 14-14 in the second quarter.
From there, the Bulldoys used their high-octane, no-huddle attack to wear out the Tigers, scoring consecutive touchdowns to take a 26-14 halftime lead.
The Bulldogs will advance into the Class 1 State Semifinal round and will play the winner of Monroe City/Westran next Saturday afternoon.
- East Buchanan Powers Past Princeton to Advance into the Class 1 State Semifinal
- East Buchanan Prepares for Semifinals Showdown
- High School Round-up: East Buchanan Falls Short in Class 1, Maryville Cruises Past Blair Oaks
- East Buchanan Football Named HyVee Team of the Week
- Lafayette Boys Top Mid-Buchanan, Benton Girls Runs Past Savannah
- Former Buchanan County Deputy Appears in Court
- Mid-Buchanan Sweeps KCI Tournament Championships
- Buchanan County Sheriff Warns of Phone Scams
- Mid-Buchanan, Maryville Nab Wins Wednesday Night
- Buchanan County Kicks Off 2018 Debt Free