(St. Joseph,MO) Fire crews are investigating a garage fire that happened Sunday morning.
According to Fire Investigator Mindy Andrasevits, the fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Fire crews reported to a detached garage fire at a home in the 6300 block of Washington Street. The fire started in one section of a three part garage and quickly spread to the other two sections of the garage, totaling one vehicle parked inside.
Homeowners were asleep inside the home at the time of the fire and were safely evacuated without injury.
Both the home and the neighboring garage to the south suffered heat damage. The cause of the fire is unknown as the fire is still under investigation with the St. Joseph Fire Department.
- Firefighters Investigate Early Morning Garage Fire
- Fire Sets Small Garage Ablaze
- Police Investigating Body Found in Garage
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Mobile Home
- SJFD Battles Early Morning House Fire
- Vacant House Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- Deadline Set for New Downtown Parking Garage
- St. Joseph Man Dies in Early Morning Crash
- Investigation Underway After House Fire
- Firefighters Battle Fire, and Higher Risks of Cancer