(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) One of the original whistleblowers into the St. Joseph School District released a Facebook video Sunday morning endorsing Proposition 1.
Beau Musser, former CFO, left the district in 2015 after settling a wrongful termination lawsuit for $450,000. Musser's discovery of improper stipends being paid to district employees helped launch an FBI investigation.
In the video posted on the Move St. Joseph Forward Facebook page, Musser said after meeting with Superintendent Dr. Robert Newhart and Director of Finance Wes Metz, he is "confident things are being done the right way."
"I was faced with an important decision about the future of our community and had the courage to do the right thing," Musser said.
Voters will decide the fate of Prop. 1 on Tuesday. The proposed $1.15 tax levy without a sunset clause would raise $11.5 million yearly in new funding for the district and would raise taxes on a $100,000 home about $18 a month.
- Former SJSD CFO Beau Musser Releases Video in Support of Prop. 1
- SJSD reaches settlement agreement on Prop. 1 lawsuit
- SJSD Hires New Administrators
- SJSD wants kids immunized
- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against SJSD
- SJSD Superintendent Search: Bill Cowling
- SJSD Hosts Trauma Training Workshop
- SJSD Says Goodbye to Newhart
- SJSD Students awarded unique seal
- Former SJSD Superintendent Dan Colgan Released from Prison to Halfway House