The Platte County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday that a homicide that occurred in 2011 near Platte City, Mo. will be featured on an Investigation Discovery Channel Show.
According to a press release, an episode of On the Case with Paula Zahn will feature the investigation into the death of Alissa Shippert who was murdered in the summer of 2011.
Shippert's body was discovered in the Platte Falls Conservation Area near Platte City, Mo.
Quintin O'Dell later confessed and pled guilty to the murder of Shippert.
“I hope this episode is a fitting tribute to the memory of Alissa and that shows the hard work of the men and women of the Sheriff’s Office and the Prosecutor’s Office that went into bringing her killer to justice," Platte County Sheriff Mark Owen stated. "The show will also serve as a memorial to Detective Mark Stephens. The show’s interview of Detective Mark Stephens was completed shortly before he passed away and I’m glad he got the opportunity to participate in filming.”
The episode is titled "River of Sorrow" and will air on Sunday, March 11 at 9 p.m. central time on Investigation Discovery.
The episode will also be available on iTunes, Amazon and on the Investigation Discovery GO App.
- Investigation Discovery Channel Show to Feature Platte County Homicide
- Nebraska Homicide Suspect Arrested in Platte County
- Platte County Sheriff's Office Investigates Armed Robbery
- Lafayette Hoops Sweeps Platte County in Doubleheader
- Bank Robbery in Platte County Leads to Pursuit
- North Platte Receives Perfect Academic Score
- Platte Co. Sheriff Releases Names of Victims in Deadly Crash
- North Platte Breaks Ground on New Junior High School
- Platte City Teenager Killed in Single Vehicle Crash
- Man Charged in Thanksgiving Homicide