(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Fire Department said a lighter is to blame for a house fire at 5600 block of southwest Diagonal Road.
Crews responded to the fire at around 11 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Fire Inspector Rob Blizzard said a child was playing with a lighter in the bathroom of the home when the house caught on fire.
Blizzard said three adults and three children were in the home at the time of the fire, but 11 people lived in the home.
The home sustained roughly $35,000 worth of damage, and can no longer be lived in.
No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross of Northwest Missouri is helping the family.
- Lighter to Blame for Tuesday Morning House Fire
- SJFD Battles Early Morning House Fire
- Vacant House Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- 1 Person Killed in Tuesday Night House Fire
- Tornado Drill Taking Place Tuesday Morning
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for Tuesday morning
- Investigation Underway After House Fire
- House Fire on 10th Street
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Mobile Home
- Firefighters Investigate Early Morning Garage Fire