(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) In it's 17th year in the community, MidCity Excellence Community Learning Center is rolling out a new initiative initiavite called "Fight for the Family."
At an event held at Missouri Western State University's Walter Cronkite Memorial Atrium, the local non-profit presented details of the new program to supporters.
Kimberly Warren, the CEO and Co-Founder of MidCity Excellence, says that the organization is going to hit the ground running with this initiative this school year.
"We are not going to be passive about it, we're not going to be haphazard or reactive, we have to be very aggressive because we are losing our kids. Warren said. "And the stats with theft, the stats with suicide, mental health for our state and our community is rising."
Warren says that the organization will work with grassroots people to help the youth in the community.
MidCity Excellence Learning Center attracts nearly 70 students per day for six weeks during the summer.
To find more information about the organization, visit their website at: www.visitmce.org.
- MidCity Excellence rolls out new initiative
- MidCity Center Hosts Suicide Prevention Workshop
- Schaaf Backs Clean Missouri Initiative
- Cameron Grad Melia Richardson Excelling for Western Women's Hoops
- Mid City Excellence to Host Event for Suicide Prevention
- SJSD Sees Success from Strive for Five Attendance Initiative
- City Council Approves Package of Economic Development Initiatives
- Parson Encourages Shopping Local with Buy MO! Initiative
- Clean Missouri Initiative Aims to Stop "Corruption" in State Government
- Rolling Hills Library Collecting Costumes Ahead of Halloween Celebration