(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— On the Belt Highway in front of Anderson Ford Wednesday, laid a rare piece of machinery.
It's called the "Buffalo", and its making stops around the area. Its appearance was made possible by the Missouri National Guard. The vehicles are rarely seen, there are only 6 nationwide and one of them is based in Richmond.
"We use it overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan, it goes through routes that soldiers move down and gets rid of the IEDs and mines on it." Dustin Wells 1st Class Sergeant Missouri Army National Guard.
The vehicle will be making stops in various locations around town through the weekend.
- Mo Army National Guard touring St. Joseph area with IED finder
- St Joseph CVB hosts Workshop Tour
- Power Outages Reported in St. Joseph Area
- Earthquake Shakes St. Joseph Area Friday
- Holiday Homes Tour Fundraiser Supports St. Joseph Symphony
- Governor Parson Stops in St. Joseph for Statewide Listening Tour
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- Precautionary Boil Order Lifted for Areas South of St. Joseph
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph