(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph mother was sentenced Monday for the death of her baby who died while sleeping with her.
A judge sentenced Doris Koon to three years probation. She was also ordered her to complete a post conviction treatment program and not to drink alcohol.
Koon's one-month-old baby died in August of 2017. Court documents at the time said Koon was drinking before the baby's death and later woke up to find the baby underneath her.
- Mother Sentenced to Probation in Baby Sleeping Death
- Mother Charged in Death of 6-Month-Old Baby
- Adjusting Sleep Habits After Daylight Savings Time
- Mother Charged in Death of Infant Appears in Court
- Mother Pleads Not Guilty in Child Death Case
- Mother's Day Forecast
- Highland police investigating deaths
- Mother of Homicide Victim Speaks Out
- Drunk Driving Fatality Results in Prison Sentence
- Former Paramedic Sentenced for Stealing Pain-Killers