(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph mother was sentenced Monday for the death of her baby who died while sleeping with her.
A judge sentenced Doris Koon to three years probation. She was also ordered her to complete a post conviction treatment program and not to drink alcohol.
Koon's one-month-old baby died in August of 2017. Court documents at the time said Koon was drinking before the baby's death and later woke up to find the baby underneath her.
- Mother Sentenced to Probation in Baby Sleeping Death
- Mother Charged in Death of 6-Month-Old Baby
- Mother, boyfriend charged in death of 3 month-old baby
- DCF investigating after photos show babies bound in sleep sacks with hair ties at day care
- "I just absolutely lost it," Bullet strikes crib as baby sleeps
- Sleep Quality May Be Linked With Alzheimer's
- Adjusting Sleep Habits After Daylight Savings Time
- Newborn baby and mother share Christmas Eve birthday
- Mother of Phoenix baby bent, killed by father speaks out
- Mother indicted after baby found in trunk of car