According to a press release from the Platte County Sheriff's Office, the county's SWAT team executed a search warrant on the 9000 block of Northwest 57th Street in Parkville, Mo. for a related wanted party.
21-year-old Taliferro Thompson of Omaha, Nebraska, was taken into custody on an outstanding warrant for homicide from Omaha.
The Sheriff's Office had receieved information from the United States Marshal's Service that Thompson was possibly at the residence.
Thompson is currently being held in the Platte County Detention Center awaiting extradition proceedings.
Platte County Sheriff Mark Owen said that "This is another example of the great cooperative relationship between law enforcement agencies at all levels in this area. A dangerous man has been removed from the streets of our community because of the work of our deputies and the United States Marshal’s Service.”
- Nebraska Homicide Suspect Arrested in Platte County
- Investigation Discovery Channel Show to Feature Platte County Homicide
- Platte County Sheriff's Office Investigates Armed Robbery
- Lafayette Hoops Sweeps Platte County in Doubleheader
- Bank Robbery in Platte County Leads to Pursuit
- North Platte Receives Perfect Academic Score
- West Platte Athlete Competes In Junior Olympics
- Platte Co. Sheriff Releases Names of Victims in Deadly Crash
- North Platte Breaks Ground on New Junior High School
- Platte City Teenager Killed in Single Vehicle Crash