(St.Joseph,MO) One man is in custody following a standoff early Tuesday morning in St. Jospeh's south side.
At around 2:30 a.m. the Buchanan County Sheriff's Department responded to a disturbance call at a home in the 3900 block of East Hills Drive.
After arriving at the residence, officers discovered a man barricaded inside a vehicle outside of the home.
According to Captain Tiger Parson, officers from the St. Joseph Police Department were called to assist and the situation was resolved peacefully.
“The city and us made a partial SRT [Special Response Team] call and [got] the personel we all had on the streets. They were able to bring the negotiators out, negotiate it peacefully. We will be taking some people out to get some evaluation to make sure everybody’s ok,” Parson said.
No injuries were reported and the man was taken into custody for evaluation, before the standoff ended at 6 a.m.
- One in Custody Following Standoff
- Gunman in custody after standoff at hotel
- Police Take Man Into Custody Following Standoff on Highway 59
- SWAT standoff results in arrest
- Candler accused rapist in custody
- Gwinnett Co. SWAT standoff ends in suicide
- Police Involved in Standoff Along Highway 59
- Standoff barn explosion leaves officer hurt in
- Suspect in Custody Following Deadly Motorcycle Accident
- Iranian protester dies in police custody