(MARYVILLE, Mo.)- A boil advisory has been issues for parts of Maryville.
According to a Facebook post by Maryville city manager Greg McDanel, the advisory generally pertains to areas between W. 3rd Street to W. 1st Street from Munn to Dunn.
Water service will be off in this area until approximately 4 p.m. Thursday to allow for repairs.
Once the repairs are complete, an advisory will remain in place until further notice. Staff will attemtp to expedite test results to allow lifting prior to the weekend.
A boil advisory is a precautionary measure to alert customers there is a potential for comprised water quality. It is recommended that customers boil all water used in preparation of food and beverage for consumption for approximately 2 minutes.
A boil order is a confirmation of contamination in the system and boiling is essential to ensure the safety of the consumer.
A boil advisory has been issues for parts of Maryville.
- Parts of Maryville placed under boil advisory
- Boil Advisory Affects Part of St. Joseph
- Boil Advisory for Parts of DeKalb County
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory has been Lifted
- Boil Advisory Issued for Union Star
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory in Effect South of St. Joe
- Maryville Plans Independence Day Celebration
- Wind Chill Advisory Issued for Parts of NWMO and NEKS
- Winter Weather Advisory Tonight
- Heat Advisory Through Monday