(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph School District announced the hiring of two new district administrators Wednesday.
Dr. Gabe Edgar is the new Director of Finance. Edgar is currently the superintendent for the Marceline R-V School District. He also served as principal for Marceline Middle School and High School.
He is also a graduate program instructor at William Woods University where he teaches education administration, classroom management and school supervision, school finance and curriculum.
Edgar began teaching business education in 1997.
He takes over for current Director of Finance Wes Metz who announced his resignation in April.
The district also filled the open Director of Student Services position.
Dr. Robert Sigrist will take over for Dr. Solon Haynes.
Sigrist is currently the principal at Savannah High School. Sigrist is returning to the district where he was an assistant principal for 13 years at Central High School. He also taught at Lafayette before becoming an administrator.
The Board of Education approved both hires during a closed session at Monday's meeting.
- SJSD Hires New Administrators
- SJSD Cuts Administrative Costs by $1 Million
- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against SJSD
- SJSD Superintendent Search: Bill Cowling
- SJSD Hosts Trauma Training Workshop
- H&M hires diversity manager
- Travis Kalanick is hiring
- Annual Report Card Shows Improvement for SJSD
- Profile Reviewed in SJSD Superintendent Search
- SJSD Superintendent Search: Doug Van Zyl