(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) SafeWise recently announced its list of top 20 safest cities in Missouri. Savannah, Missouri was listed as the seventh safest city in the state.
The top 20 safest cities in Missouri is determined by the most recent FBI Crime Report statistics from 2015 and population data. Cities that failed to send a completed annual crime report to the FBI and any city with fewer than 3,000 residents were excluded from the survey. Remaining cities were ranked based on the number of violent crimes (aggravated assault, murder, rape and robbery) and property crimes (burglary, arson, theft and motor vehicle theft) reported in each city.
Savannah Police Officer Brandon Taylor says the support police receive from station management and the community helps them keep their community safe.
“We have good management here that supports us on all the calls we go to,” Taylor said.
Moving up from eleventh spot last year, Savannah joins top ten safest Missouri cities alongside Smithville, Missouri, in eighth and Kearney, Missouri in ninth place.
- Savannah Named One of the Safest Cities in Missouri
- Savannah placed under boil advisory
- Boil advisory lifted for Savannah
- LeBlond Tops Benton in Savannah Tournament
- Savannah Student Killed in Double Fatality Accident
- Two Dogs Found Dead in Savannah
- Boil advisory remains in effect for Savannah
- Lafayette Boys Top Mid-Buchanan, Benton Girls Runs Past Savannah
- Savannah Candidate's Campaign Signs Stolen Day Before Election
- Teacher Under Investigation Resigns from Savannah School District