Voters narrowed the field of candidates seeking a seat in Jefferson City in Tuesday's primary elections.
Sheila Solon won the Republican race for the District 9 State Representative seat with 40.8 percent of the vote.
Solon will face Democrat Bob Bergland in the general election.
Former St. Joseph Mayor Bill Faulkner will move on to face Democrat Shane Thompson in the District 10 race in November.
Faulkner won with the Republican race with 72 percent of the vote.Thompson garnered 50.8 percent in the Democratic race.
Republicans gave Brenda Shields the victory in the District 11 primary. Shields advances to November with 67 percent of the vote. She'll face Democrat Brady Lee O'Dell in the general election.
All precincts are reported.
- Solon, Shields, Faulkner defeat primary challengers
- Circuit court judge defeated in primary
- Luetkemeyer defeats Roberts in Republican primary for state Senate seat
- Shields Running for State Rep. Seat
- Election Officials Prep for Primaries
- St. Joseph Primary Election Results
- Primary voter turnout exceeds expectations
- St. Joseph Municipal Primary Election Final Results
- Wrong ballots cast in Kansas primary
- UCP to Host 32nd Annual Chili Challenge