(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)— A St. Joseph man has been charged with resisting arrest stemming from a car chase early Monday morning.
Prosecutors have charged 53-year-old Norman A. Mayhew with a felony of resisting/interfering with an arrest.
According to a probable cause statement, police attempted to stop Mayhew on Frederick Avenue and Noyes Boulevard around 3 a.m. Monday. Police said Mayhew began to stop his vehicle before taking off at a high rate of speed through several intersections.
Mayhew was later found and arrested, according to court documents.
The probable cause statement said Mayhew did have an active warrant for failure to appear.
Mayhew's bond is set at $10,000 cash.
- St. Joseph man charged in Monday morning police chase
- St. Joseph Man Dies in Early Morning Crash
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph Man Charged with Assaulting 2 Deputies
- St. Joseph man charged with 1st degree robbery
- Descendant of Joseph Robidoux Visits St. Joseph
- Magicians Converge on St. Joseph
- Fall Colors of St. Joseph
- Flu Virus 'Infects' St. Joseph