(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) - A line of thunderstorms moved through the area Monday evening prompting Severe Thunderstorm Warnings.
A line of storms developed Monday afternoon in parts of Nebraska and Kansas which moved east into northwest Missouri.
According to the National Weather Service, a 57 mph wind gust was measured at Rosecrans Memorial Airport at 8:08 PM.
Damage to trees and downed power lines were reported across St. Joseph. The number of power outages in the area is unknown at this time.
Part of the roof at the St. Joseph Days Inn was also damaged.
- Strong storms move through the area Monday evening
- Strong T-Storms possible tonight
- Storm chances increase Monday
- Monday Afternoon and Evening Severe Threat
- Spirit Double Header Moved To Monday
- Isolated Storms and Hot Temps This Evening
- Warm Temps and Storm Chances Monday
- Heat Continues With Storm Chances Monday
- T-Storms in the forecast on Monday
- Chiefs Rookie Linebacker Starts Strong