(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Murder charges have been filed in a deadly shooting that happened in St. Joseph's midtown.
Jessie Lee Nelson, 35, has been charged with second degree murder.
Officers responded to a report of shots fired near 10th and Henry around 6:30 p.m. Monday. When they arrived, they found 29-year-old Mack Jenkins with a gunshot wound. Jenkins died from his injuries.
A second victim, identified as a 23-year-old man, was also shot and taken to the hospital.
According to court documents, Nelson was following the victims' car when they crashed their vehicle on the 1000 block of Henry Street.
Nelson allegedly got out of his car, walked up to the victims' car and started shooting. Nelson then returned to his car and drove away.
Investigators were able to obtain video showing the two vehicles just before the shooting. Court documents say Nelson and his car were both identified by a confidential informant.
Court records show Nelson has an extensive criminal history.
His bond was set at $250,000.
- Suspect charged in deadly midtown shooting
- Weekend Midtown Shooting Update
- Updated: Man shot in midtown
- Shooting in Midtown Sends One Man to Hospital
- Police respond to shooting in midtown Monday night
- Midtown Fire Burns Through Garage, Damages Homes
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- Edison Elementary Student Art Pieces on Display in Midtown
- Suspect in Custody Following Deadly Motorcycle Accident
- Driver Charged in Deadly Maryville Bar Crash