The only thing better than a cup of coffee, is if that cup of coffee helps people who need it.
For the second time, The Human Bean, 4414 Commons Drive hosted a Coffee for a Cause fundraiser to support breast cancer patients at Mosaic Life Care.
On October 20, all profits from the store along with any tips recieved were collected for the Mosaic Breast Cancer Patient Assistant Fund, with the total amount collected by the store reaching over $7,000.
Human Bean Manager Makenzie Albrechd said the store enjoys connecting with customers and helping out their local community.
“If you've ever been to the Human Bean, it's face to face. We think that's important, because that’s how you build relationships, and that's how you make friends. So we think we can go even further than just the coffee shop and make that connection with the entire community,” Albrechd said.
All donations from the Human Bean were matched by the Mosaic Auxiliary Fund, bringing the total donation to $14,006.64 for breast cancer patients.
The Mosaic Life Care Breast Cancer Patient Assistance program provides women undergoing treatment for breast cancer with emotional support and financial assistance to continue receiving needed treatments.
- Local Coffee House Helps Cancer Patients
- Study: Chemo May Not be Necessary for Breast Cancer Patients
- Salvation Army Helps Local Family Find Home
- Mosaic Life Care Honors Veteran Caregivers and Patients
- New House Bill Aimed at Helping Expecting Mothers
- Ronald McDonald House steps up to help family in need
- Local Business Asking for Help Finding Burglary Suspect
- BREAST CANCER AWARENESS NIGHT AT PHIL WELCH
- Willpower baseball provides platform for cancer awareness
- Local Houses of Worship Adding Security Following Texas Church Shooting