(Andrew County, Mo.)
Chanler Williams easily defeated Emily Bauman in a special election for the Republican nomination for Andrew County Recorder of Deeds on Tuesday.
The final vote total was 1,106 to 389.
A runoff election was requred after the two tied in the August primary.
According to the Andrew County Clerk's office, the candidates had the opportunity to draw straws, flip a coin or run a special election to break the tie.
Chanler has been a deputy in the Recorder of Deeds office and will take office after the November election. There were no Democrats in the race.
- Williams wins Andrew Co. runoff election
- Teen Seriously Injured in Andrew County Crash
- MoDOT Truck Overturns in Andrew County
- Family Disturbance Turns Violent in Andrew County
- Flu Shots Now Available At Andrew County Health Department
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe steps down abruptly
- Mound City Girls Advance, North Andrew Boys Fall In Semis
- Leadership Group Plans to Bring Farmers Market to Andrew County
- WATCH: Mayor-Elect Bill McMurray Gives First Interview Following Election Win
- General Municipal Election Results