James Corden had a good reason for missing Tuesday night's episode of "The Late Late Show."
The talk-show host was with his wife, Julia Carey, as she gave birth to their third child, a girl.
Corden's daughter was born Tuesday
Singer Harry Styles subbed for him on show
"Today we welcomed a beautiful baby daughter into the world," Corden tweeted. "Both she and her mother are doing great."
He thanked singer Harry Styles, who agreed to fill in as host with only a few hours' notice.
Corden and Carey, who married in 2012, are already the parents of son Max, 6, and daughter Carey, 3.
- James Corden and wife welcome third child
- James Corden was briefly a Backstreet Boy
- James Corden has a bad case of pre-Grammy nerves
- James Corden takes on the #WhoBitBeyonce mystery with Helen Hunt
- James Corden's skydiving adventure with Tom Cruise is priceless
- James Corden calls out Bill Maher for fat-shaming segment
- Ariana Grande and James Corden's musical ode to 'Titanic' is an ocean of emotion
- James Corden and Michelle Obama battle it out in 'Late Late Show' dodgeball game
- James Corden admits to 'crippling' nerves ahead of hosting this weekend's Tony Awards
- James Lovell Fast Facts