Details shed light on an investigation that potentially solved several old crimes.
Accused serial robber Marquis Buckley, 40, was in the Virginia Beach Jail until December 14. U.S. Marshals have now taken him into federal custody.
Buckley is accused of holding up the PNC Bank on Princess Anne Boulevard on October 13 while wearing a woman's wig, glasses and a white lab coat.
He's accused of threatening people with a gun, demanding money and shooting in the air while wearing a disguise.
Records indicate that he claimed he had a bomb, but it turned out to be a fake. It was apparently made with glow sticks and electrical tape.
Police used technology to track Buckley's car and arrested him after following him a few miles near Elbow Road.
Former Norfolk Master Police Officer and TCC Department of Criminal Justice Head Richard James said robberies are very dangerous crimes which could threaten the lives of the public, officers and the suspects.
"It's highly stressful and every time they do a robbery, they have an adrenaline rush. It's very stressful and sometimes when they get caught it's a sense of relief," said James.
He said many suspects commit multiple robberies.
Court records state Buckley confessed to a similar robbery which happened on October 4, where he allegedly used a similar fake bomb at the Fulton Bank on Dam Neck Road.
It states he was wearing a disguise and threatened the employees with a gun and a bomb, which also turned out to be fake.
According to court records, Buckley admitted to a series of robberies in Ferguson Township, Pennsylvania earlier in 2017 and four robberies in 2011 in Chesapeake and Virginia Beach.
Buckley was arrested, along with Austin Howard.
Both are facing multiple charges connected to the robberies.
"It shows that we have good police work in our police departments and they are not only using technology, but working together with other agencies to make the public safe," James said.
- Accused serial robber wears woman's wig, uses fake bomb during Va. Beach bank robbery
- Student with cancer wins fight with school district to wear blue wig
- Woman accused of threatening to bomb 7-Eleven
- Four Men Accused of Robbery As Fake Cops
- Bank robber's note to teller included his home address
- When kids lose hair, wigs transform them into princesses, superheroes
- Serial Killers Fast Facts
- Illinois bank robbery suspect accused of taking hostage is identified
- Baltimore Orioles player helps Va. Beach man with wedding proposal
- Woman admits accusations against Broward County sheriff are 'fake'