(CNN) -- Sen. Dick Durbin asserted Tuesday that President Donald Trump called certain African nations "shithole countries" during a bipartisan meeting on immigration reform at the White House last week, despite evolving explanations from some Republicans. "Let me say they're wrong. I can tell you explicitly they are wrong," the Illinois Democrat told CNN's Jake Tapper in an exclusive sit-down interview. "And let me also say, is that their defense, that S-House is acceptable, S-Hole he would never say? Come on. To think that the President of the United States would refer to any country on Earth as an S-House country, for goodness' sakes, what does that say?"
- URGENT - Durbin asserts Trump said 'shithole countries,' disputing Republicans' account
- Durbin asserts Trump said 'shithole countries,' disputing Republicans' account
- Dick Durbin admonishes Trump for 'shithole' comments
- URGENT - Trump denies making 'shithole countries' comment
- Here's exactly how Dick Durbin destroyed Kirstjen Nielsen's 'shithole' explanation
- Trump denies making 'shithole countries' comment
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- The remarkable Republican underreaction on 'shithole'
- 'Shame on Trump!' World reacts to Trump's 'shithole countries' remarks