(CNN) -- The White House said Thursday President Donald Trump would veto a bipartisan Senate deal on immigration that would create a pathway to citizenship for nearly 2 million undocumented immigrants and allot $25 billion for border security. "This amendment would drastically change our national immigration policy for the worse by weakening border security and undercutting existing immigration law," the White House said in a statement. "The administration is committed to finding a permanent, fair, and legal solution for DACA," the White House said. "But this amendment would only compound the problem by encouraging millions of additional minors to be smuggled into the United States. We need to solve the problem, not perpetuate it indefinitely."
(CNN) -- The White House said Thursday President Donald Trump would veto a bipartisan Senate deal on immigration that...
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 5:19 PM
Updated: Feb 15, 2018 5:19 PM
- URGENT - White House says Trump will veto bipartisan immigration deal
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- McCain, Coons push bipartisan immigration deal despite WH rejection
- Bipartisan Senate group nears a limited immigration deal
- Bipartisan immigration plan: Where the senators stand
- Trump says some immigrants from 'shithole countries' as he rejects bipartisan deal
- URGENT - White House fires top Tillerson aide
- URGENT - White House further tries to downplay Trump-Bannon relationship
- URGENT - Trump cancels Philadelphia Eagles visit to the White House
Scroll for more content...