A man was sentenced to 10 years in prison, with credit for time already served, for the death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son in 2016.
Taylor Lynn Kraig, 22, pleaded guilty earlier this month to the charge of first-degree manslaughter. He initially faced charges including murder and criminal mistreatment, before reaching a plea agreement.
Kraig was arrested in August 2016.
Investigators said Zackariah Luda Daugherty was taken to the hospital with traumatic injuries. The child died at Doernbecher Children's Hospital on Aug. 16, 2016.
An autopsy determined Zackariah's death was the result of homicidal violence.
Prosecutors said in court Kraig was taking care of Zackariah while the boy's mother was at work, but Kraig waited for more than an hour to take the child to the hospital when Zackariah was in "extreme medical distress."
Kraig had a number of vocal supporters in court during his initial appearance in August 2016. He acknowledged them at that time by waving and making a heart shape with his hands.
In court Tuesday, Kraig was sentenced to 10 years in prison, with credit for two years already served.
- Man sentenced to 10 years in prison for death of girlfriend's 2-year-old son
- Man accused of killing girlfriend's 2-year-old son pleads guilty to manslaughter
- Man guilty of killing girlfriend sentenced to 26 years in prison
- No bail for father in murder of 2-year-old son
- Mom who starved autistic son sentenced to 11 years in prison
- Father takes late son's girlfriend to high school prom
- Woman sentenced to 35 years for beating son to death on 4th birthday
- Man shoots neighbor, abducts 2-year-old son after argument with mother
- Michigan man sentenced to 4 to 10 years in prison for shooting at teen asking directions
- Father, son sentenced to 142 years combined for murder