The world is about to get a little more neighborly.
The upcoming film about beloved children's television host Fred Rogers -- with Tom Hanks in the starring role -- now has a name.
Arts and entertainment
Business and industry sectors
Business, economy and trade
Movie and video industry
Sony Pictures announced on Thursday the movie will be called, "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood," after the popular theme song for "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood."
The film will reportedly follow the story of a reporter who develops an emotional bond with Rogers while profiling him for a magazine, according to director Marielle Heller, who spoke to Entertainment Weekly.
"Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" aired for 31 seasons before coming to an end in 2001.
Rogers died in 2003.
"A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" is slated to release in October 2019.
- The Tom Hanks Mr. Rogers movie now has a name
- Tom Hanks set to star as Mister Rogers
- Tom Hanks is your new neighbor Mister Rogers
- Tom Hanks is absolutely perfect as Mister Rogers in new movie trailer
- The first picture of Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers is what you need today
- Tom Hanks just found out he's related to Mister Rogers
- Many happy returns: Tom Hanks gives typewriter to Massachusetts family
- Nashville couple shocked when Tom Hanks responds to wedding invite
- Hank Aaron Fast Facts
- Hank Paulson Fast Facts