Jaden Smith could soon be stepping into the Yeezys of Kanye West.
Showtime is currently in development on a limited half-hour anthology series that would star Smith as a young Kanye West, a source familiar with the project tells CNN.
The first season of the show, called "Omniverse," would center on an alternate reality version of West.
The cerebral-sounding crux of the show is not easily explained but would involve the philosophical concepts of perception and Ego.
West and Scooter Braun are set to executive produce, as will Smith through his family's Westbrook Studios.
Lee Sung Jin, currently a co-executive producer on Amazon's "Undone," is set to write.
- Jaden Smith might play Kanye West in a Showtime anthology series
- Jaden Smith doubles down on Tyler, the Creator 'boyfriend' claim
- Are Jaden Smith and Tyler, the Creator dating?
- Kanye West apologizes to Drake
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith staged an intervention with son Jaden
- Amazon sci-fi anthology 'Electric Dreams' lacks spark
- Lena Waithe scores Showtime first-look deal
- Kanye West is life coaching on Twitter
- #IfSlaveryWasAChoice marks bad week for Kanye West
- Kanye West releases new album, Ye