As one of the leading riders in the season's Longines Global Champions Tour (GCT) and Global Champions League (GCL), Danielle Goldstein knows what it takes to win.
It was the second LGCT triumph for Goldstein, who also won in Estoril, Portugal two years ago.
But what are the secrets of her success?
As with any elite showjumper, forming a bond with your horse is a vital component to succeeding at the very top.
Fortunately for Goldstein, she built a "unique" rapport with the big-striding 13-year-old Lizziemary.
"I think our personalities work well together. Her natural athletic ability sort of works with my riding style."
The rider, who turned professional in 2012, is certainly one of the most recognizable on the circuit -- often wearing colorful feathers in her hair.
But when it comes to competing, there is no time for distractions.
"You've got to keep your head cool and just focus on the job ahead.," she said. "We walk the course and set a plan and try and execute that plan.
"Don't go in there and think about anything that's on the line or the crowd. It's really about focus and the job ahead."
Watch the video at the top of the page to watch Danielle Goldstein reveal the secrets of her success.
- 'Keep your head cool': Danielle Goldstein on the secrets of her success
- 'Always want to learn:' Daniel Deusser on the secrets of his success
- 'The horse has to trust you:' Edwina Tops-Alexander's secrets of success
- 'Give and take': Jessica Springsteen on the secrets of her success
- 'Have a game plan': Martin Fuchs on the secrets of his success
- 'Details make a big difference': Olivier Philippaerts on secrets of his success
- The secret behind Norway's Winter Olympic success
- 'You can't make a horse do something out of pressure': Pieter Devos on the secrets of his success
- Goldstein soars to win in Shanghai leg of Global Champions Tour
- Cori 'Coco' Gauff: 'Cool that Michelle Obama knows I exist'