New projects are still coming from XXXTentacion a year after his death.
The trailer for a documentary about the slain rapper dropped Tuesday on the one-year anniversary of the day he was gunned down in an apparent robbery as he left a motorsports store in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
The slightly more than 40-second clip finds the performer, who was born Jahseh Onfroy, speaking some eerily prophetic words.
"There's definitely a difference between Jahseh Onfroy and XXXTentacion," he says in the trailer. "This is the story, this is the full story, this is the last time I'ma tell it."
The 20-year-old was wildly popular with his fans when he was killed.
That has not stopped since his death.
Last week Forbes reported that his single "Sad!" had passed the 1 billion-stream mark on Spotify.
"Now that 'Sad!' has joined that still-exclusive club, XXXTentacion has become the first musician to posthumously see one of their most popular tunes hit the 10-digit mark, a strange feat that no artist aims to snag, but which is a sign that their art is still immensely popular even after they are gone," the publication said.
The rapper's estate also announced a posthumous album is set to come.
No dates have been released for either the new music or the documentary.
Four men were arrested last year in connection with his killing.
- Documentary trailer recalls XXXTentacion a year after his death
- Rapper XXXTentacion foreshadowed his own death
- El rapero XXXTentacion presagió su propia muerte
- Suspect in XXXTentacion's killing arrested in Georgia
- Documentary explores triplets' separation
- Rapper XXXTentacion shot dead in Florida, police say
- Rapper XXXTentacion had $50,000 on him when was shot dead
- Fourth suspect in XXXTentacion's killing turns himself in
- ¿Quien era el XXXTentacion, el polémico rapero que fue asesinado en la Florida?
- Arrestan a un segundo sospechoso del asesinato de XXXTentacion, el rapero asesinado en la Florida