(ELWOOD, Kan.) One person is dead after a crash involving a dump truck, pick-up truck and a car Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened on Highway 238 near 165th Road just after 12 p.m.
Kansas State Troopers confirmed a blue Ford Focus was traveling wesbound on 165th Road when it failed to stop at a stopsign and hit a dump truck traveling north on Highway 238.
Authorities said the impact caused the dump truck to roll over the Ford Focus.
That collision caused both vehicles to come into contact with a red pick-up truck that was traveling south on Highway 238.
Troopers confirmed a male driver of the Ford Focus was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The driver of the pick-up truck and dump truck were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
Authorities shut down the road as they worked the accident.
Troopers said the crash is still under investigation.
- 1 Killed in Three-Vehicle Crash in Elwood
- Elwood residents return home
- Improvements Coming to Elwood Intersection
- Elwood senior center to close
- Emergency preparations continue in Elwood
- Man killed in single vehicle crash
- Elwood police officer charged with sexual battery
- Elwood keeps close watch on rising river
- Elwood watches as river rises once again
- NWMSU Mourns Loss of Sophomore Student Killed in Vehicle Crash