(KAIR)--A Leavenworth man is dead, and a Leavenworth woman injured, after their two vehicles collided head-on late Wednesday night in Atchison County.
Atchison County Sheriff Jack Laurie identified the man killed in the crash as 38-year-old Nickolas Cosgrove.
He was the driver of an SUV, northbound on U.S. Highway 73, a quarter-mile south of 258th Road, that crossed the center line.
Cosgrove smashed head-on into a southbound SUV driven by 62-year-old Rebecca Cothern, and she was transported to Mosaic Life Care, in Saint Joseph, Missouri, for the treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Cosgrove was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation is continuing.
The fatal crash was reported around 11:40 Wednesday night.
- 1 killed, 1 injured in northeast Kansas accident
- Northeast Kansas teacher killed in car crash remembered
- Flu shuts down northeast Kansas school district
- Snow and Ice Cover Roads in Northeast Kansas
- Suspect Arrested in Bomb Threat at Northeast Kansas College
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in northeast Kansas
- $2 million Powerball ticket sold in northeast Kansas
- Man in standoff with northeast Kansas police found dead
- 14 tornado reports in northeast Kansas Tuesday evening
- Two Injured in Vehicle Accident