(DONIPHAN CO.) Two people were injured in a crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County Monday night, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The crash happened on U.S. 36 at 195th Road around 8:40 p.m.
Troopers say a Mustang was heading north on 195th when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and struck a semi-truck heading east on U.S. 36.
The driver of the Mustang, 21-year-old Kyle Kearns, of Apex, North Carolina, was taken to the hospital. The driver of the semi-truck, 54-year-old Kevin Schmidt, of Fairbury, Nebraska, was also injured and taken to the hospital.
The extent of their injuries is unknown. The crash shut down the highway for several hours.
Troopers say both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Mobile pantry comes to Doniphan county
- One taken to hospital following crash on 36 Highway
- Police investigating car accident on 36 Highway
- SJPD identifies man killed along Highway 36
- Four people injured after car collides with John Deere tractor on Highway 36
- St. Joseph man sentenced in Doniphan County murder case