(DONIPHAN CO.) Two people were injured in a crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County Monday night, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The crash happened on U.S. 36 at 195th Road around 8:40 p.m.
Troopers say a Mustang was heading north on 195th when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and struck a semi-truck heading east on U.S. 36.
The driver of the Mustang, 21-year-old Kyle Kearns, of Apex, North Carolina, was taken to the hospital. The driver of the semi-truck, 54-year-old Kevin Schmidt, of Fairbury, Nebraska, was also injured and taken to the hospital.
The extent of their injuries is unknown. The crash shut down the highway for several hours.
Troopers say both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- 22-year-old killed in head-on collision on Hwy. 36 in Doniphan County
- 3 injured after truck pulling camper flips on Highway 36
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas
- Mobile pantry comes to Doniphan county
- Hail, winds damage farms in Doniphan County
- Two people seriously injured in crash on Highway 36 east of Hamilton
- One taken to hospital following crash on 36 Highway