(DONIPHAN CO.) Two people were injured in a crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County Monday night, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
The crash happened on U.S. 36 at 195th Road around 8:40 p.m.
Troopers say a Mustang was heading north on 195th when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign and struck a semi-truck heading east on U.S. 36.
The driver of the Mustang, 21-year-old Kyle Kearns, of Apex, North Carolina, was taken to the hospital. The driver of the semi-truck, 54-year-old Kevin Schmidt, of Fairbury, Nebraska, was also injured and taken to the hospital.
The extent of their injuries is unknown. The crash shut down the highway for several hours.
Troopers say both drivers were wearing their seat belts.
- 2 Injured in Crash on Highway 36 in Doniphan County
- Two injured in crash on Highway 36 in DeKalb County
- Man critically injured in Doniphan County fight
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- Pedestrian killed on 36 Highway
- 3 injured after truck pulling camper flips on Highway 36
- 22-year-old killed in head-on collision on Hwy. 36 in Doniphan County
- Two people seriously injured in crash on Highway 36 east of Hamilton
- One taken to hospital following crash on 36 Highway
- Burn Ban Issued for Doniphan County, Kansas