ST. JOSEPH, Mo
Two people are in the hospital with serious injuries after a head-on collision on the S. Belt Highway Thursday night.
St. Joseph police say the accident happened just after 8:30 p.m.
They confirmed that each driver was the only occupant of each vehicle and that they were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The accident forced the closure of both southbound lanes of S. Belt as well as the exit ramp from eastbound 36 Highway at the Belt.
Westbound traffic exiting 36 Highway at the Belt was diverted north.
Police on-site at the crash say they do not know exactly how the accident happened. They say their investigation continues.
As of 10 p.m., southbound S. Belt Highway was still closed at the scene of the wreck.
- 2 Seriously Hurt in S. Belt Hwy Head-On Crash
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash
- Driver charged in deadly head-on collision on Belt Highway
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Crash on N. Belt Highway Sends 3 People to Hospital
- Police identify woman killed in Belt Highway crash
- Car in Ditch After Three Vehicle Crash on Hwy 169
- 2 Dead in Hwy. 59 Crash Near Atchison
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- Police: 3 suffer life-threatening injuries after crash on Belt Highway