(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A 2-year-old child who was shot Tuesday morning at a St. Joseph apartment complex has died.
St. Joseph police identified the girl as London Simmons.
Police received a call around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a shooting at an apartment on the 1900 block of S. 12th Street involving a child.
Police are still investigating how the shooting happened.
There were other children at the scene when the shooting happened. No one else was hurt.
- 2-Year-Old Dies after Shooting at Apartment Complex
- Fire displaces dozens from apartment complex
- Veteran, Neighbors Fight Apartment Complex Over Flag Display
- Man Charged in Connection to Shooting Death of 2-Year-Old
- Houses, apartment complexes leveled from tornado that hit major Ohio city
- Lawsuit filed to determine eligibility of life insurance funds after 2-year-old boy dies in home
- Before he died, an elderly man left his 2-year-old neighbor Christmas presents for the next 14 years
- UPDATE: Man dies after officer-involved shooting
- St. Joseph teen dies after Saturday shooting
- 102 River flooding shuts down Riverside Soccer Complex