(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A two-year-old girl was taken to the hospital after being struck by a car in St. Joseph Sunday evening.
The accident happening at S. 14th St. and Charles St. at around 7:00 p.m.
According to the St. Joseph Police Department, the girl was taken to the hospital for minor injuries with no apparent major injuries.
Officers believe the incident appears to have been an accident. Witnesses told police that the child ran out in front of the vehicle and that the driver stopped as quickly as possible.
"It's very unfortunate thing where a 2-year-old is quicker than everybody else and ran out from behind another vehicle," John Foster with the St. Joseph Police Department said. "So the driver just stopped as soon as she saw something run out in the road. And great reflexes saved the day."
No citations were given to the driver.
Stay with KQ2 for any updates on this story.
- 2-year-old child taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Child hit by car on 10th Street, taken to hospital
- High school robotics team builds customized toy car for 2-year-old boy who can't walk on his own
- 2-Year-Old Dies after Shooting at Apartment Complex
- Man Charged in Connection to Shooting Death of 2-Year-Old
- One Person Taken to Hospital After Car Accident
- Car crashes into home sending two to the hospital
- Police Looking for Driver Who Hit Parked Car
- Elwood Police searching for two men after hitting police car
- Car crashes into gazebo following hit-and-run accident