ST. JOSEPH, Mo.
The St. Joseph Police Department has arrested one man they said was the driver in connection to Saturday morning's fatal drive-by shooting.
Thomas Lee Miller, 33, was charged with 1st degree assault on Monday.
According to court documents, Miller drove another male suspect to the 700 block of north 23rd Street just after 2 a.m. Saturday. The vehicle stopped and the passenger fired several rounds from a handgun from the vehicle towards the victim, according to the statement.
The victim was struck at least once, and later died as result of the gunshot wound.
Miller then drove the passenger to another location, where he dropped the suspect off with the handgun, according to court documents.
The victim's name has not been released, however, police said the victim is a 26-year-old black male.
- Driver Charged in Fatal Drive-by Shooting
- Driver charged in DWI-fatality accident to remain behind bars
- Drunk Driving Fatality Results in Prison Sentence
- No charges filed in fatal officer-involved shooting
- Suspect Charged in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Northwest Missouri driving fatalities up 15 percent in 2018
- Driver Charged in Deadly Maryville Bar Crash
- Driver charged with manslaughter appears in court
- MSHP reminds drivers to not drive around barricades during flooding
- Suspect charged with murder in fatal shooting of man found dead in backyard
Scroll for more content...