ST. JOSEPH, Mo.
The St. Joseph School District's Board of Education met with the search firm charged with helping them find a new superintendent on Monday night.
During an almost two-hour meeting, the board discussed the timeline and guidlines of what the search will be with three representatives from School Exec Connect, the Minneapolis-based search firm the board hired.
School Exec Connect will soon start the process of screening applicants and narrow down the search to around 5-7 that the board will then evaluate.
There was agreement that getting input from the community will be important in determining some of the desired characteristics of a successful candidate, however a couple messages did ring clear.
"Collaboration, ethics, trust, communication, team builder, a good people person," said David Benson, an associate with School Exec Connect. "Those are the types of characteristics that came out during the board discussion.
Board members say they understand it's a critical time for the district in selecting its next superintendent.
"The next leader is very important for our district," said board member Bryan Green. "We want to move forward. There are several things we want to improve on. We look forward to beginning that interview process."
No timeline has been set yet on when the process will be completed. However, everyone is hoping it will be a fast turnaround and a new superintendent selected soon.
Current superintendent Robert Newhart announced several months ago that this would be his final year with the school district.
- SJSD Board Meets with Firm to Discuss New Supt. Search
- SJSD Board Reviews Search Firm's Recommendations for Superintendent
- Minneapolis-Based Firm to Lead SJSD Superintendent Search
- SJSD Superintendent Search: Bill Cowling
- SJSD to Hold Second Town Hall Meeting for Superintendent Search
- Wright Named SJSD Board of Education President
- SJSD board approves slight tax increase
- Profile Reviewed in SJSD Superintendent Search
- SJSD Superintendent Search: Doug Van Zyl
- Community leaders meet with new SJSD superintendent