(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) With the holiday season well underway, the Salvation Army is looking for bell ringers to take part in the 2017 Christmas Red Kettle Campaign.
Currently there are eight locations available around St. Joseph that operate between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. The campaign is scheduled to run from Friday, Nov. 17 until Saturday, Dec. 23 every day except for Thanksgiving and Sundays.
Applicants must be able to stand for extended periods of time and endure extreme weather conditions. The starting wage is $7.70 per hour for bell ringers.
“Many of our bell ringers are folks trying to make ends meet in a tough economy, but they also feel good about doing something to help others,” Salvation Army Major Abe Tamayo said. “They know their work will help us provide food, clothing and shelter to people in need in the community.”
The money collected during the 2017 campaign will support Salvation Army programs in St. Joseph for the entire year. These programs include emergency shelters, food pantries, youth and senior programs as well as disaster response.
Anyone wishing to donate to the Salvation Army by credit card may call 1-800-SAL-ARMY. Checks may be mailed to the Salvation Army at P.O. Box 1417 St. Joseph, Mo. 64502.
For more information or to apply for a position, contact LeeAnn at 816-232-5824 ext. 200.
- Salvation Army in Need of Bell Ringers
- Salvation Army Looking for Bell Ringers
- Salvation Army explains recycled donations
- Bell Ringer Plays a Different Kind of Instrument to Spread Holiday Cheer
- Salvation Army Helps Local Family Find Home
- Donations Down for Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign
- Salvation Army Toy Town Provides Families Gifts for Christmas
- Salvation Army's 2017 Red Kettle Campaign Comes to an End
- Salvation Army Falls Short on 2017 Red Kettle Campaign Goal
- United Way looking for answers from Salvation Army