(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) No charges will be filed in an officer-involved fatal shooting in St. Joseph in October.
Buchanan County Prosecutor Dwight Scroggins announced Wednesday that St. Joseph police officer Brant Hutchison will not face criminal charges for the shooting that killed 25-year-old Samantha "Baby Girl" Hennard.
Prosecutors say the shooting happened after police responded to a disturbance call at 9th and Sycamore Street involving an alleged stolen vehicle on October 22.
Officers were informed that the suspects had fled the location and were armed.
Prosecutors say when officer Hutchison located Hennard in the 2100 block of 10th Street he ordered her to stop and she did not comply. Hennard ran and fired two shots at the officer.
Hutchison returned fired. Hennard was struck one time and died at the scene.
- No Charges in Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting
- Two People Charged After Officer-Involved Shooting Monday
- Suspect charged in deadly midtown shooting
- Neighborhood reacts to deadly shooting
- Man Threatening Suicide Dies After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Police identify victim in deadly shooting
- Driver Charged in Deadly Maryville Bar Crash
- School District Talks Safety After Deadly School Shooting in Florida
- Police Identify Victim in Deadly Shooting on Lafayette Street
- Driver charged in deadly head-on collision on Belt Highway